I Can't wait to Stay Up Late!
Learning Outcomes (linked to the EYFS)
- Contribute to a whole-group discussion (CL)
- Learn and join in with the words of a new rhyme (LIT)
- Practise using a range of movements (PD)
- Explore the consequences of staying up all night (UW)
How to Play
1. Sit in a circle and explain how excited you are about your party, and that you plan to stay up all night!
Q: How will I feel if I stay up all night? Encourage children to share their ideas
2. RECITE: I Can't Wait to Stay up Late (Action Rhyme)
Encourage children to join in with the rhyme, as well as the actions
I can’t wait,
To stay up late.
It’s party time – hurrah! (throw arms in the air)
We’ll jump on the bed, (jump up and down)
And play with Ted, (skip)
Then sleep all through the day! (lie still on the floor)
3. Yawn, then recite the rhyme again, this time a little slower (you are becoming tired)
4. Continue to recite, each time slower than before until eventually, you are so tired you fall asleep
Have fun and remember all games, songs and rhymes are original to Pyjama Drama
- you won't find them anywhere else!