Learning Outcomes (linked to the EYFS)
- Recite a rhyme together (CL)
- Take turns helping to wake up Santa (PSED)
- Use imagination to enjoy seasonal treats (EAD)
A blanket or play cloth
How to Play
1. Lead a discussion about what Santa loves to eat. Maybe mime bringing out a tray of fresh Christmas cookies or hot mince pies to enjoy together!
2. Eat so many treats you become sleepy and get a stomach ache.
3. Take a phone call from Peter the Elf. He's worried that Santa ate too many Christmas treats and went to bed when he should be helping the elves get ready. Who will help wake him up?
4. Ask one child to lie under the blanket RECITE Where is Santa Claus?:
Where is Santa Claus on this snowy night?
Is that him tucked up in bed, curled up out of sight
Can I hear him snoring? Santa, is that you?
There's only one thing for it. We'll have to say, "BOO!" (Lift up the blanket to reveal Santa Claus.)
5. Continue to play, taking it in turns to be Santa Claus.
You can extend the game by encouraging the children to think of different ways to wake Santa. (singing, sneezing, etc.)
Have fun and remember all games, songs and rhymes are original to Pyjama Drama
- you won't find them anywhere else!