Learning Outcomes (linked to the EYFS)
- Explore what makes a good friend (PSED)
- Explore a range of feelings (PSED)
- Practise sharing thoughts and feelings with each other (CL)
How to Play
1. Children sit in a circle
I want to be a friend to you,
And you and you and you.
But being friends with everyone
Is sometimes hard to do.
I don’t always get it right,
So you can help a lot.
Tell me, if I (GRABBED YOUR TOY),
Am I a friend or not?
3. Discuss: Would you be a good friend if you grabbed a toy from someone? How would it make them feel?
4. Continue to play, each time replacing ‘grabbed your toy’ wit something different (e.g.: pushed you over/shared my cake/called names/gave you a hug)
Have fun and remember all games, songs and rhymes are original to Pyjama Drama
- you won't find them anywhere else!