I am a Penguin!
Learning Outcomes (linked to the EYFS)
- Sing together (EAD)
- Develop gross motor skills and spatial sense (PD)
- Develop their vocabulary (CL)
How to Play
1. Lead a short conversation about penguins, finding out what children know about their coloring, the feathers on their bodies, and how they move on land
2. Decide you would like to be a penguin!
3. SING: I'm a Little Penguin (to the tune of 'I'm a Little Teapot')
I'm a little penguin, white and black
I've got feathers on my back
See me widdle waddle to and fro
Slip on the ice and over I go
4. Encourage all the little penguins to find their own space in the room where they can waddle and slip safely. (You may want to demonstrate with a few children first)
5. Repeat the song many times, noticing aloud how the children move in their own space
Have fun and remember all games, songs and rhymes are original to Pyjama Drama
- you won't find them anywhere else!