Learning Outcomes (linked to the EYFS)
- Contribute to a group discussion, either by listening to others and/or sharing their own ideas (PSD)
- Learn and join in with the words of a new rhyme (LIT)
- Learn about harvest time (UW)
How to Play
1. Sit in a circle and explain that it's time to help the farmer gather his/her crops from the fields
Q: What crops does the farmer grow in his/her fields?
(Add actions and encourage children to join in)
Driving in my tractor,
Across the autumn fields;
Harvesting the crops,
To make delicious meals.
Digging up potatoes,
Has never been such fun.
I can’t wait for supper -
Happy harvest everyone!
3. Yawn, then recite the rhyme again, this time a little slower (harvesting is hard work and you're becomming tired)
4. Continue to recite, each time slower than before until eventually, you are so tired you fall asleep
5. Extend the game by replacing the word 'potatoes' with the name of a different crop
Have fun and remember all games, songs and rhymes are original to Pyjama Drama
- you won't find them anywhere else!